Meetings of the State Complete Count Committee are open to the public. The first meeting will be Thursday, July 25, 2019, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. MST, at the Idaho Historical Museum, located at 610 Julia Davis Dr., Boise, ID 83702. View the agenda.
Governor Brad Little created the “State Complete Count Committee” in Idaho to assist federal partners in completing the 2020 Census Count.
The U.S. Census Bureau conducts a population count every 10 years. Census results help determine the allocation of federal funds and electoral redistricting, and they help inform business and policymaking decisions at all levels. American households will receive an invitation to participate by April of 2020.
Idaho Secretary of State Lawerence Denney and former state legislator Wendy Jaquet co-chair the committee. The group includes members representing the following groups or organizations:
- Conservation Voters of Idaho
- Law enforcement
- Idaho Housing and Finance Association
- Idaho Community Foundation
- Coeur d’Alene Tribe
- Idaho Association of Counties
- Association of Idaho Cities
- Idaho Education Association
- Idaho Hospital Association
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Idaho Commission on Hispanic Affairs
- Idaho Transportation Department
- Idaho Department of Commerce
- Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Idaho Department of Labor
- Idaho Commission for Libraries
- Idaho Division of Veteran Services
- Representatives from the Majority Party in the Idaho Senate and Idaho House of Representatives
- Representatives from the Minority Party in the Idaho Senate and Idaho House of Representatives
Additional information about the 2020 Census is available at https://2020census.gov/.