In a data-driven society, connectivity is imperative for a vital economy. Improved broadband infrastructure ensures both urban and rural Idaho will be connected and well-positioned to attract business and enhance our citizens’ quality of life.
In May of 2019, Governor Brad Little created the Idaho Broadband Task Force by Executive Order, in order to improve connectivity and broadband infrastructure across Idaho.
Public meetings and additional information about the Idaho Broadband Task Force can be found on the Idaho Commerce web site here.
- “Broadband Access is Imperative for Idaho | Recommendations to Improve Idaho’s Broadband Plan,” November 2019
Past news releases:
- 05/04/2021: Gov. Little’s push for more broadband investment now law
- 08/28/2020: Nearly $50 million awarded for broadband projects to support remote learning, economic development
- 11/22/2019: Governor Little accepts Idaho Broadband Task Force recommendations
- 05/23/2019: Governor Little launches effort to improve Idaho’s broadband infrastructure statewide