Information about upcoming meetings of the task force and its subcommittees, including agendas, is available on the State Board of Education web site here.
Public comments on the task force’s work can be e-mailed to OKIF@gov.idaho.gov
Governor Brad Little assembled the “Our Kids, Idaho’s Future” Task Force in May of 2019 to formulate a five-year blueprint for improvement of and investment in Idaho’s K-12 public education system.
The task force members include teachers, school administrators, education stakeholders, business leaders, and a bipartisan group of legislators from every corner of the state.
Governor Little directed the group to establish the K-12 public education priorities for the next five years. It will review the K-12 budget to align investments with the priorities, with the overall goals of improving student achievement, identifying a framework to successfully measure student success, recruit and retain teachers, and others.
Governor Little’s “Our Kids, Idaho’s Future” Task Force members include:
Teachers, School Administrators, and Education Stakeholders
- Debbie Critchfield, President, Idaho State Board of Education— Co-Chair
- Sherri Ybarra, Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Marc Beitia, American Falls High School teacher and 2019 Idaho Teacher of the Year
- Kari Overall, President, Idaho Education Association
- Jody Hendrickx, Trustee, St. Maries School District and Idaho School Boards Association (ISBA) Vice President
- Jennifer Parkins, Trustee, Genessee Joint School District and ISBA President
- Erin McCandless, Idaho State Parent Teacher Association President
- Mary Ann Ranells, Superintendent, West Ada School District
- Luke Schroeder, Superintendent, Twin Falls School District
- Cheryl Charlton, Superintendent, Idaho Digital Learning Academy
- Pete Koehler, retired Chief Deputy Superintendent and former Nampa High School Principal and Superintendent
- Bill Gilbert, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Caprock, Boise — Co-Chair
- Terry Ryan, CEO, BLUUM, Boise
- Kurt Liebich, CEO, Redbuilt, Boise
- Matt Van Vleet, Director of Government Affairs, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Lewiston
- Katherine Hart, Associate General Counsel, Melaleuca, Idaho Falls
- Shawn Keough, Executive Director, Associated Logging Contractors, Coeur d’Alene
- Senator Chuck Winder, Majority Leader, Idaho Senate
- Senator Dean Mortimer, Idaho Senate Education Committee
- Senator Janie Ward-Engelking, Idaho Senate Education Committee
- Representative Mat Erpelding, Minority Leader, Idaho House of Representatives
- Representative Jason Monks, Assistant Majority Leader, Idaho House of Representatives
- Representative Lance Clow, Idaho House Education Committee
- Representative Gary Marshall, Idaho House Education Committee
- Representative Wendy Horman, Joint Finance-Appropriations Committee