Years of responsible, conservative budgeting and a strong economy have positioned Idaho for two consecutive years of a record budget surplus!
Gov. Little’s “Leading Idaho” initiative GIVES BACK the surplus to Idahoans in the form of tax cuts and key investments in areas that matter most in their lives.
Idahoans benefited from the single largest income tax cut in history as well as permanent, ongoing income tax cuts to boost their prosperity while keeping our tax rates competitive and business climate vibrant. Now, Idaho is putting an additional $1.5 BILLION back into the pockets of Idahoans!
Gov. Little’s sustainable transportation funding solution saves Idahoans’ time, keeps us safe on the road, and boosts commerce. It was the single largest state investment in transportation infrastructure in Idaho history! We did it without raising Idahoans’ taxes or fees. We secured additional investments to tackle the backlog of transportation projects across Idaho!
K-12 support from the State of Idaho grows 30-percent in 2022, and Gov. Little secured legislative support for the single largest increase for schools in state history for 2023. We achieved significant investments in literacy and teacher pay, and Idaho is EMPOWERING PARENTS with new grants that help them take charge of education expenses for their children. Additional investments go toward career technical education, community colleges, and colleges and universities to prepare our workforce.
Idaho is demonstrating we “back the blue” and defend the police by investing in frontline personnel at the Idaho State Police. Gov. Little also introduced bonuses for Idaho State Police officers. Idaho secured additional state trooper positions and a new project to combat Idaho’s growing drug threat that is exacerbated by Biden’s open border policies. Gov. Little seeks to reduce crime by decreasing the revolving door back into prison.
Secure elections are the cornerstone of our democratic republic form of government. Gov. Little prioritizes safe and secure elections by seeking to add investments in election cybersecurity, integrity audits, and improved IT statewide.
Idaho added close to $100 million to expand internet connectivity for underserved areas to improve commerce, economic growth, and education, and we are leveraging federal funds to further upgrade broadband infrastructure to ensure every rural Idaho community can facilitate remote work, education, and telehealth!
Agriculture – and our economic future – hinge on safe and dependable water sources. Gov. Little championed tens of millions in strategic investments in long-term water projects and safe water systems for our communities, and added another $750 million to improve the quantity and quality of water throughout Idaho!
Gov. Little is combatting the divisive, defeatist “climate fire” rhetoric by investing in the active management of our lands and adding resources for fire suppression, Good Neighbor Authority, and Shared Stewardship.
To increase the number of medical professionals in our state and improve healthcare access to support healthy Idahoans, Gov. Little achieved investments in nursing programs at Idaho’s colleges as well as funds to address the physician shortage across Idaho. Idaho made new investments to further increase healthcare capacity by investing in more health profession education and better access to behavioral health resources.
Gov. Little’s plans boost the economy in rural communities by improving state parks and outdoor recreation opportunities. In addition, we’ve added millions to address needed projects and repairs in public buildings!
Leading Idaho annoucements
- Expanded career technical education underway for high schoolers, postsecondary students – 10/12/22
- Empowering Parents grants go live – 9/8/22
- Idahoans to see 12-percent lower health insurance costs with approval of key “Leading Idaho” waiver – 8/17/22
- Idaho seeks to reduce crime by investing in drug treatment and mental health services – 8/3/22
- “Leading Idaho” investments in local bridges, child pedestrian crossings move forward – 7/22/22
- 63 communities to benefit from “Leading Idaho” drinking water, wastewater improvement projects – 6/30/22
- Idaho leads in low unemployment, rolls out historic tax rebates – 6/17/22
- Idaho elections safe, secure as voters head to polls Tuesday – 5/16/22
- Gov. Little highlights “Leading Idaho” investments in Lake Coeur d’Alene, water quality – 5/5/22
- Idaho accelerates investments in literacy, education – 4/7/22
- Idaho promotes safe communities through added investments in behavioral health resources – 4/5/22
- Gov. Little highlights ‘Back the Blue’ investments – 4/4/22
- Gov. Little celebrates historic legislative successes – 3/31/22
- Gov. Little signs “Leading Idaho” record investments in water, agriculture – 3/28/22
- Gov. Little: Paying off debt, addressing needed repairs, paying cash for big projects is simple ‘kitchen table’ budgeting – 3/25/22
- Gov. Little signs “Leading Idaho” bill to improve services for seniors – 3/21/22
- Gov. Little signs “Leading Idaho” transportation funding bill into law – 3/17/22
- Gov. Little: Tax relief on the way as inflation hits new historic high – 3/10/22
- OPINION: Literacy investments help make Idaho students lifelong readers – 3/4/22
- Gov. Little signs “Leading Idaho” Empowering Parents grants into law – 3/1/22
- Gov. Little signs “Leading Idaho” business tax cut bill – 2/18/22
- OPINION: Celebrating teachers, our partners in the education of Idaho’s future – 2/11/22
- NEW VIDEO: National debt hits $30 trillion for first time, but Idaho leads the way with fiscal responsibility – 2/9/22
- Gov. Little signs his “Leading Idaho” teacher health insurance bill into law – 2/8/22
- Gov. Little signs his “Leading Idaho” income tax relief bill – 2/4/22
- Gov. Little highlights plan for education investments, tax relief in 2022 State of the State and Budget Address – 1/10/22