Governor Brad Little’s #1 priority is to promote a strong public education system in Idaho that prepares our students for lifelong learning and future careers.
Information about past meetings of Governor Little’s “Our Kids, Idaho’s Future” the task force and its subcommittees, including agendas, is available on the State Board of Education web site here.
Past news releases and opinion pieces on education:
- 2/19/2020: OPINION: We support students when we support teachers
- 12/13/2019: Final report available from Governor Little’s education task force
- 10/10/2019: OPINION: The future of work in Idaho
- 5/15/2019: Governor Little names members of “Our Kids, Idaho’s Future” Task Force for public education
- 3/20/2019: Governor Little signs bill increasing starting teacher pay, highlights progress on other education initiatives
- 3/20/2019: OPINION: Increase in starting teacher pay helps attract, retain valued educators
- 1/21/2019: OPINION: Investments in public education benefit us all