Governor Brad Little’s #1 priority is to promote a strong public education system in Idaho that prepares our students for lifelong learning and future careers.
Information about past meetings of Governor Little’s “Our Kids, Idaho’s Future” the task force and its subcommittees, including agendas, is available on the State Board of Education web site here.
Past news releases and opinion pieces on education:
- 09/11/2020: Financial support for K-12 education grows 10.5-percent during pandemic
- 07/24/2020: OPINION: Idaho state budget well positioned to handle ongoing impacts of COVID-19
- 07/24/2020: Additional funds to cover COVID-19 testing for school staff, more supplies to open schools safely
- 07/09/2020: Gov. Little pushes for in-person instruction in Idaho schools this fall
- 06/17/2020: New committees to address fall school reopening and the digital divide
- 2/19/2020: OPINION: We support students when we support teachers
- 01/06/2020: Governor Little highlights education, other priorities in 2020 State of the State and Budget Address
- 12/13/2019: Final report available from Governor Little’s education task force
- 10/10/2019: OPINION: The future of work in Idaho
- 5/15/2019: Governor Little names members of “Our Kids, Idaho’s Future” Task Force for public education
- 3/20/2019: Governor Little signs bill increasing starting teacher pay, highlights progress on other education initiatives
- 3/20/2019: OPINION: Increase in starting teacher pay helps attract, retain valued educators
- 1/21/2019: OPINION: Investments in public education benefit us all