Governor Brad Little’s #1 priority is to promote a strong public education system in Idaho that prepares our students for lifelong learning and future careers.
Our Kids, Idaho’s Future
Information about upcoming meetings of the task force and its subcommittees, including agendas, is available on the State Board of Education web site here.
Public comments on the task force’s work can be e-mailed to OKIF@gov.idaho.gov
Governor Brad Little assembled the “Our Kids, Idaho’s Future” Task Force in May of 2019 to formulate a five-year blueprint for improvement of and investment in Idaho’s K-12 public education system.
The task force members include teachers, school administrators, education stakeholders, business leaders, and a bipartisan group of legislators from every corner of the state.
Governor Little directed the group to establish the K-12 public education priorities for the next five years. It will review the K-12 budget to align investments with the priorities, with the overall goals of improving student achievement, identifying a framework to successfully measure student success, recruit and retain teachers, and others.
Past news releases and opinion pieces on education:
- 12/13/2019: Final report available from Governor Little’s education task force
- 10/10/2019: OPINION: The future of work in Idaho
- 5/15/2019: Governor Little names members of “Our Kids, Idaho’s Future” Task Force for public education
- 3/20/2019: Governor Little signs bill increasing starting teacher pay, highlights progress on other education initiatives
- 3/20/2019: OPINION: Increase in starting teacher pay helps attract, retain valued educators
- 1/21/2019: OPINION: Investments in public education benefit us all