Governor Brad Little is deeply committed to reducing regulations and cleaning up outdated laws that only serve to confuse and burden Idaho citizens and businesses.
In his first year as Idaho’s 33rd Governor, Brad Little worked with the Idaho Legislature to achieve historic cuts to Idaho regulations. The administrative code was cut by 20 percent and significantly simplified by another 20 percent. Governor Little and the Legislature expect further regulatory cuts in the coming months and years.
Additional information is available on the Division of Financial Management web site.
- Executive Order 2019-01: Licensing Freedom Act of 2019
- Executive Order 2019-02: Red Tape Reduction Act
Past news releases and opinion pieces:
- 12/4/2019: Idaho cuts and simplifies 75 percent of rules in one year, becomes least-regulated state in country
- 10/9/2019: Governor Little proposes elimination of 10 regulatory programs in occupational licensing
- 7/25/2019: Governor Little takes additional steps to simplify, improve rulemaking processes
- 7/19/2019: Idaho pursues further cuts to state regulations
- 6/19/2019: OPINION: How Idaho ushered in the largest regulatory cuts in state history
- 6/19/2019: Idaho administrative rules republished
- 5/21/2019: Governor Little proposes to cut and simplify one-third of all rule chapters, invites public comment
- 4/23/2019: Governor Little outlines process to keep administrative rules in effect
- 2/25/2019: Progress advances on Governor Little’s rule consolidation executive order
- 1/31/2019: Governor Little signs two new executive orders reducing regulatory burdens on Idahoans