Emmett to host Governor Little’s first ‘Capital for a Day’ eventMonday April 15, 2019
Boise, Idaho – Governor Brad Little’s hometown of Emmett will host his first “Capital for a Day” event since becoming Idaho’s 33rd Governor.
The event will be held April 23 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Emmett City Hall, located at 501 E. Main Street. Governor Little will be joined by First Lady Teresa Little.
“I am proud to continue the legacy of holding ‘Capital for a Day’ events monthly throughout Idaho,” Governor Little said. “This important event gives my Cabinet members and me a chance to listen directly to the people of Idaho, and it presents citizens the opportunity to ask questions and offer their suggestions directly to state government leaders.”
Officials joining Governor Little include:
- Superintendent of Public Instruction Sherri Ybarra
- Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Director Dave Jeppesen
- Idaho Department of Labor Director Jani Revier
- Idaho Department of Commerce Director Tom Kealey
- Idaho Transportation Board member Julie DeLorenzo
- Idaho Department of Fish and Game Director Ed Schriever
- Idaho Department of Water Resources Director Gary Spackman
- Idaho Department of Environmental Quality Director John Tippets
- Idaho Department of Lands Director Dustin Miller
- Idaho Lottery and Idaho State Liquor Division Director Jeff Anderson
- Idaho Division of Building Safety Administrator Chris Jensen
In addition, representatives of the following agencies and state entities will be on hand to help answer questions: Idaho State Police, Department of Agriculture, Department of Parks and Recreation, Idaho Rangeland Resource Commission, Soil and Water Conservation Commission, STEM Action Center, Workforce Development Council, Division of Veterans Affairs, and the State Appellate Public Defender.
Members of U.S. Senator Jim Risch’s staff and Congressman Russ Fulcher’s staff also will be in attendance.
“Thank you to Emmett Mayor Gordon Petrie, local leadership, and the people of Emmett for hosting the first of what will be many ‘Capital for a Day’ events throughout the state during my Administration,” Governor Little said.
# # #
NEWS MEDIA CONTACT: Marissa Morrison, Press Secretary
208-943-1686 or Marissa.Morrison@gov.idaho.gov