Governor, First Lady join European diplomatic mission to promote economic development in IdahoWednesday September 11, 2019
Boise, Idaho – Governor Brad Little, First Lady Teresa Little, and Idaho officials will depart for Europe on Saturday for a six-day diplomatic mission to promote positive economic relations between the State of Idaho and the Basque Country, the Netherlands, and Ireland.
Idaho Department of Commerce Director Tom Kealey and Idaho State Department of Agriculture Director Celia Gould and their staff will join the Governor and First Lady on the diplomatic mission.
The Governor’s Office will post photos and updates of trip highlights throughout the week on social media.
Highlights of the trip include:
- Meetings with the Premier of the Historic Foral Territory of Bizkaia and Cabinet officials, Mayor of Gernika, members of Bizkaian Parliament, and the Basque Autonomous Community Government with the objectives of encouraging trade relationships and investments and strengthening the long-standing friendship and cultural connections between Idaho and the Basque Country
- New actions to increase cross promotion of tourism between Idaho and Bizkaia
- Promoting collaboration between Idaho and Basque energy companies
- Meeting with leaders at cold storage company NewCold to discuss its investment in Idaho
- Meeting with leaders at Tolsma-Grisnich, a company that develops storage and processing solutions for agricultural products, to discuss business opportunities in Idaho
- Meeting with leaders and employees at Glanbia, Idaho’s largest dairy processor headquartered in Kilkenny, Ireland, to discuss business in Idaho
- Roundtable with Irish business leaders to discuss Idaho investment opportunities
# # #
NEWS MEDIA CONTACT: Marissa Morrison, Press Secretary
208-943-1686 or Marissa.Morrison@gov.idaho.gov