Governor’s Salmon Workgroup starts work with first meeting June 28Wednesday June 19, 2019
Boise, Idaho – The first meeting of Governor Brad Little’s Salmon Workgroup will be held June 28 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Idaho Room at the Idaho State Museum in Boise. The meeting is open to the public, and Governor Little is scheduled to address the group at 8:30 a.m.
Governor Little directed his Office of Species Conservation (OSC) in April to assemble a workgroup dedicated to addressing salmon issues.
The workgroup brings together diverse stakeholders to collaboratively develop a unified policy recommendation to assist Governor Little as he shapes Idaho’s policy on salmon recovery.
“Idaho has shown time after time we are a leader in collaborative conservation efforts in the Northwest,” Governor Little said. “I sincerely look forward to receiving the policy recommendations from my Salmon Workgroup. Together we will develop effective salmon and steelhead policy for Idaho to ensure that abundant and sustainable populations of salmon and steelhead exist for present and future generations to enjoy.”
The agenda and call-in number for out-of-town residents to participate, along with additional information about the workgroup, is available on the OSC web site here: https://species.idaho.gov/governors-salmon-workgroup/
The workgroup will host several meetings throughout Idaho to provide opportunities to share perspectives on salmon policy in Idaho. The meetings will be announced in the coming weeks.
The workgroup brings together leaders in our communities to develop Idaho-based, innovative approaches to Idaho salmon and steelhead policy. Workgroup members include representatives from industry, conservation, sportsmen, state and local leaders, and various other stakeholders. Members include:
- Paul Arrington – Idaho Water Users Association
- Merrill Beyeler – Former State Representative/Rancher
- John Simpson – Barker Rosholt & Simpson LLP
- Brett Dumas – Idaho Power
- David Doeringsfeld – Port of Lewiston
- Will Hart – Idaho Consumer Owner Utilities Association
- Jim Yost – Northwest Power and Conservation Council
- Scott Hauser – Upper Snake River Tribes Foundation
- Ladd Edmo – Shoshone-Bannock Tribes
- Joe Oatman – Nez Perce Tribe
- Kira Finkler – Trout Unlimited
- Justin Hayes – Idaho Conservation League
- Mark Menlove – The Nature Conservancy
- Brian Brooks – Idaho Wildlife Federation
- Stacey Satterlee – Idaho Grain Producers
- Senator Dan Johnson – Pro-Tem designee, Idaho State Senate
- Representative Fred Wood – Speaker designee, Idaho House of Representatives
- Richard Scully – Sportsman
- Aaron Lieberman – Idaho Outfitters and Guides Association
- Roy Akins – Idaho River Community Alliance
- Scott Pugrud – OSC Administrator
# # #
NEWS MEDIA CONTACT: Marissa Morrison, Press Secretary
208-943-1686 or email@example.com
Reply to this e-mail to unsubscribe