Idaho faces a growing drug threat. Meth and fentanyl seizures have dramatically increased in Idaho and across the country, and parents need assurances their children will be safe.
“Operation Esto Perpetua” is our new strategy to do more to protect our communities. “Operation Esto Perpetua” brings together law enforcement and communities in new ways, to turn the tide and protect our children.
The public may attend a regional public meeting to provide input or submit comments about their loved ones’ experiences with fentanyl and meth by e-mailing Governor Little at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To meaningfully reduce the flow of fentanyl and methamphetamine into the State of Idaho.
Timeline and Structure
Operation Esto Perpetua includes both a Law Enforcement Panel and a Citizens Action Group on Fentanyl.
Since March of 2022, the Citizens Action Group on Fentanyl has held public meetings across Idaho to hear from local law enforcement as well as members of the public about their loved ones’ experiences with fentanyl and meth.
After the Citizens Action Group completes its work, it will provide a report with recommendations, and then the Law Enforcement Panel will identify action items to make our communities safer.
The public may also submit comments about their loved ones’ experiences with fentanyl and meth by e-mailing Governor Little at email@example.com.
Law Enforcement Panel
- Idaho State Police: Colonel Kedrick Wills
- Idaho Chiefs of Police Association: Pocatello Police Chief Roger Schei
- Idaho Sheriffs Association: Canyon County Sheriff Kieran Donahue
- Governor’s Office of Drug Policy: Marianne King
- Fraternal Order of the Police: Boise Police Detective Mike Miraglia
- Citizens Action Group on Fentanyl: Luke Malek
- Idaho Prosecutors Association: Jan Bennetts
Citizens Action Group on Fentanyl
- Idaho House of Representatives member: Speaker Scott Bedke
- Idaho Senate member: Senator Abby Lee
- City official: Coeur d’Alene Mayor Jim Hammond
- Tribal member: Shoshone-Paiute Tribe Chairman Brian Thomas
- Public member #1: Dana Kirkham, former mayor of Ammon, eastern Idaho mother
- Public member #2: Luke Malek – Chair
- Ex officio: ISP Col. Kedrick Wills