Idaho faces a growing drug threat. Meth and fentanyl seizures have dramatically increased in Idaho and across the country, and parents need assurances their children will be safe.
“Operation Esto Perpetua” is our new strategy to do more to protect our communities. “Operation Esto Perpetua” brings together law enforcement and communities in new ways, to turn the tide and protect our children.
To meaningfully reduce the flow of fentanyl and methamphetamine into the State of Idaho.
Timeline and Structure
Between March and May of 2022, the Citizens Action Group on Fentanyl held public meetings across Idaho to hear from local law enforcement as well as members of the public about their loved ones’ experiences with fentanyl and meth.
The Citizens Action Group on Fentanyl presented its observational report from those public meetings on Thursday, July 21, 2022. The Law Enforcement Panel will then examine the report and identify action items to make our communities safer. The observational report from the Citizens Action Group on Fentanyl can be found here.
Law Enforcement Panel
- Idaho State Police: Colonel Kedrick Wills
- Idaho Chiefs of Police Association: Pocatello Police Chief Roger Schei
- Idaho Sheriffs Association: Canyon County Sheriff Kieran Donahue
- Governor’s Office of Drug Policy: Marianne King
- Fraternal Order of the Police: Boise Police Detective Mike Miraglia
- Citizens Action Group on Fentanyl: Luke Malek
- Idaho Prosecutors Association: Jan Bennetts
Citizens Action Group on Fentanyl
- Idaho House of Representatives member: Speaker Scott Bedke
- Idaho Senate member: Senator Abby Lee
- City official: Coeur d’Alene Mayor Jim Hammond
- Tribal member: Shoshone-Paiute Tribe Chairman Brian Thomas
- Public member #1: Dana Kirkham, former mayor of Ammon, eastern Idaho mother
- Public member #2: Luke Malek – Chair
- Ex officio: ISP Col. Kedrick Wills
- Fentanyl Takes All campaign improving awareness on dangers of fentanyl – 8/11/23
- Lawmaker roundtable focuses on lessons learned from state police deployment to U.S.-Mexico border – 7/6/23
- Gov. Little highlights border trip, commits more action to fight fentanyl – 6/5/23
- Gov. Little details Idaho State Police deployment to support Texas in fight against fentanyl – 5/19/23
- Gov. Little marks Fentanyl Awareness Day, readies for Texas border mission – 5/9/23
- Gov. Little directs $1 million to fight fentanyl now – 7/21/22
- Gov. Little seeks input from Idahoans on meth, fentanyl impacts – 5/6/22
- Gov. Little launches “Operation Esto Perpetua” to fight Idaho’s growing drug threat – 3/3/22
- 26 Governors announce creation of American Governors’ Border Strike Force – 4/19/22